Randwick Girls High School acknowledges the Bidjigal and Dharawal peoples as the traditional custodians of the land our school was built on. We pay our respects to all First Nations people who visit us, learn with us and teach us. This always was and always will be Aboriginal Land.
First Nations Students at RGHS:
At Randwick Girls High School, we are proud to have such a strong community of First Nations students. Our students are supported by our First Nations team which is made up of staff who are passionate about improving outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students. We welcome any First Nations students to our school which is always aiming to improve cultural visibility, provide structures to support the academic, emotional, cultural and social needs of our students as well as provide opportunities for our whole school to learn, celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, histories and perspectives in everything we do inside and outside the classroom.
What we offer for First Nations students at RGHS:
- First Nations roll call to check in with your mentor and hear upcoming opportunities and announcements.
- First Nations' student mentors work with students, their families and the wider community to get to know the student, who they are, their mob, their strengths and areas they wish to improve on. Mentors develop each students PLP which is communicated with staff to ensure everyone is on the same page with supporting each students needs.
- Students have an opportunity to get involved in a wide range of whole school events throughout the year.
- Meet, connect and collaborate with other First Nations students from our neighboring schools including Rose Bay Secondary College and Alexandria Park Community School.
- Heard your voice heard on the SRC or in assembly!